About Me

My photo
A good girl, but not good enough. Striving for greatness in the sight of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I am here to learn and grow with you as we seek out knowledge from the REAl "Know it all". Please submit letters, questions or topics to DearPW@ymail.com .

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

In the beginning...

Jesus laid a vision on my heart for this blog and I have spent almost a week trying to talk Him out of it. The title of our Sunday night message... "Are you publishing the Gospel?" Here's your sign :)

Why do we turn to self-help books and motivational speakers? We subscribe to magazines and spend hundreds of dollars on videos. Most of the time to gain a new perspective and a clear vision on what is the "right" way to handle a circumstance. The real answers flow from the Author of our circumstances and lives.

Like the title of the blog states I am a preacher's wife...but I am also a helpless sinner. Filthy rags, but for the blood Jesus shed for me (and you) on the cross at Calvary. I too need to get back to the basics. God promises we can do all (handle all) through Him...again I say: THROUGH HIM. Through prayer and scripture God will reveal an answer for us.

So here lies the purpose for this blog. The vision: a "Dear Abby" if you will, but for us to seek knowledge from God not my human and fallible mind. I encourage you to travel this journey of growth with me. Together we will learn the ways of life as our Heavenly Father intended it. He already gave us the "How to..." book. Let us seek out the answers together.

I have created an e-mail account at DearPW@ymail.com . I will read your letters and post them on the blog with the Biblical advice that the Lord shares with me. The comment section will be available to viewers to post their Biblical perspective as well. Emphasis on the word Biblical. Comments will first be approved by me to weed out "trash". Please provide scripture references with your comments. There will be no limit on the topics discussed. God provided the answers to "it all" in the Bible, therefore we discuss "it all".

All letter writers will remain anonymous as well as myself :)

-PW

No comments:

Post a Comment