About Me

My photo
A good girl, but not good enough. Striving for greatness in the sight of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I am here to learn and grow with you as we seek out knowledge from the REAl "Know it all". Please submit letters, questions or topics to DearPW@ymail.com .

Sunday, February 5, 2012

In the forth quarter...


For they intended evil against thee: they imagined a mischievous device, which they are not able to perform. Therefore shalt thou make them turn their back, when thou shalt make ready thine arrows upon thy strings against the face of them. Be thou exalted, LORD, in thine own strength: so will we sing and praise thy power. Psalms 21:11-13


I cannot believe I am actually using a football story as a devotional, but I guess if God can make the rocks cry out he can use pig-skin too!

Recently my husband and I were unable to watch the live game of our favorite football team. We decided to record the game and watch it when we returned home. But before we could get home to watch the recorded game we learned the final score and to our surprise our team came out on top. We were so excited a hurried home to watch all of the great plays we had missed. However, this game was no shut-out! Actually it came down to the wire and our favorite team was able to pull off a win in overtime. It was so humorous to me that we were watching what most would call a “nail biter” with a smile on our face. Even when the other team would score we were still content, knowing that in the end we would have the victory. And in that moment, in the corky way that God sometimes speaks to me, I heard Him loud and clear this night: “You already know who has the victory, so keep on smiling.”!

I remember this night often when I feel like Satan has the upper-hand on all that is taking place in the world and in my circumstances. The Lord reminds me that He is still working ALL things for the good, and that I can continue my days with a smile on my face. I have read how this “game’ ends and it’s not a pretty end for ol’ Satan.



And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever. Rev. 20:10

But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 1Cor. 15:57

--PW

1 comment:

  1. I love the analogy you've used regarding the football game and already knowing the final score! Our victory is in Christ Jesus and the enemy is already defeated...Amen! Thanks for sharing.
    Be encouraged that you are touching lives with your blog...keep on writing! Love and prayers from England, UK.

    ReplyDelete