About Me

My photo
A good girl, but not good enough. Striving for greatness in the sight of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I am here to learn and grow with you as we seek out knowledge from the REAl "Know it all". Please submit letters, questions or topics to DearPW@ymail.com .

Friday, November 18, 2011

Blessed

Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Matt 5:10

I have quoted this verse, claimed it and owned it, more times than I would like to say. I has been my promise that better things await me and in the midst of my trial I am still a heir to The Thrown. However, the Lord has revealed this verse to me in a whole new way. Have you ever heard it said that you can read a verse and receive a message through it, but then read it again at another time a God will speak to you in a different way. Now some would say "Oh yes, it is all in the interpreting.", well I don't think that there is multiple interpretations in the Word. I think that Jesus spoke or inspired the penman just the way He wanted it to be received, but I do believe that there are pieces and truths in His word that are hid from us until just the perfect time. My example is this verse from Matthew 5. As I read it in the middle of my trial I claim it as a promise that in the end we, as Christians, have the victory. And this is a true statement. But there is another promise. Do you see it? If you are a born again believer in Jesus Christ-a Christian, than the Kingdom of Heaven is already yours. So if you read this in reverse the promise is that those who are heirs to the Kingdom of Heaven will be persecuted for righteousness sake. Now I know that doesn't seem like something you want printed on a magnet and posted on the fridge as a daily reminder, but I am leaving out the best part: Blessed. This Christian life is not an easy walk and He promises (in many verses) that there will tribulation, but "blessed" are we that that can claim many verses that also state we will never have to walk it alone.

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen. Matt 28:19-20

-PW

No comments:

Post a Comment